Being prepared before you go ensures the best possible Nashville kayaking experience on the river. This is an outdoor recreational activity so HAVE FUN and remember to keep these things in mind. See the SAFETY tab for more information.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page for a checklist of items we suggest you bring along.
- Small coolers will fit on the back of the kayaks. Bring plenty of water and no glass containers allowed.
- Before you go, go! To the restroom, that is. There are public restrooms at the Shelby Bottoms Nature Center and the train station welcome center at Riverfront Park so make sure to allow enough time before the shuttle leaves.
- Leave valuables at home. Bringing cash to tip the drivers and guides is always appreciated. You can leave your stuff in the van but RQV is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If you are bringing your well-behaved dog on the trip, you are responsible for providing a leash and a pet life jacket.
See the “Routes and Directions” page for where to meet the River Queen Voyages shuttle
- Life Jacket
- Shuttle to Shelby Park
- Safety Demonstration
- Kayaking Crash Course
Scroll down for a checklist of what to bring.
Please call us if you’re unsure what to do. We can help! 615-933-9RQV (9778)
- Bathing Suit or Activewear
- Water Shoes
- Snack for Beginner Route
- Lunch for Intermediate Route
- Plastic or Dry Bag